At Kyrio, the customer experience (CX) is in our DNA. We intelligently connect people to their devices and their networks. Kyrio’s Online Services team builds and supports a B2B2X (Business-to-Business-to-x) platform serving the cable industry.
Our next generation platform and flagship product Go2Broadband (G2B) is the cable industry’s platform of choice and the marketplace facilitates 90+ million transactions each year connecting consumers with their local broadband cable provider. Over the last several months we conducted extensive research and focus groups across multiple demographics to understand the impact of the changing digital world and how it influences customer engagement with our cable partners and their partners.
Customers provide the best source of information and through our research, we’ve identified three areas that will heavily influence the future development our platform:
1. Design for Mobile Performance: A seamless mobile experience is imperative. According to recent Google research:
- 72% of consumers want mobile friendly sites, and almost three-quarters of respondents said they are more likely to revisit a mobile-friendly site.
- Users are five times more likely to abandon the task they are trying to complete if the site isn’t optimized for mobile use, with 79 percent saying they will go back to search and try to find another site to meet their needs.
- Users are 5x more likely to leave a site that is not mobile friendly.
This creates a unique challenge for marketplaces and the expectations that consumers have. Wired SEO also reports that there is a dramatic shift in how consumers find their information:
- 48% of consumers start their mobile research from search engines, while 33% go directly to the site and 26% straight to the App
- 94% of mobile search is driven from Google. Local searches are growing at a fast pace, making up one-third of Google searches
2. Connection and Simplicity: Consumers want two things:
- The purchase process simplified: 41% of our respondents cited taking time out of their day as the biggest complaint about current scheduling methods with service providers, while 38% mentioned a lack of immediate response as their biggest complaint.
- Personalized to solve problems that they have in their lives: This is emphasized by our research, as we found that 95% of respondents preferred finding services through recommendations from someone they knew or recommendations online (yelp, Angie’s list, etc.). We also found that 24% of our respondents indicated that they currently schedule their internet, telephone or pay tv services online, but 32% would like to schedule online.
Overall, our research indicates that consumers planning a move are increasingly mobile and want simplicity when choosing home based services. In many cases, they are looking for services on demand.
3. A Better User Experience:
- Our research confirmed that consumers want an interface that is direct and intuitive. Experts in UI call this the “Natural User Interface.” This is a user interface where the interaction is direct and consistent with our ‘natural’ behaviors’.
- Rather than collecting metrics for the sake of collection, metrics should instead be used to inspect and adapt the context of the customer experience to progress towards the goals of a complete customer solution and anticipating the customer need.
It’s no secret that understanding and solving customer needs play an integral part in customer satisfaction. Our research helps us identify, develop, implement and measure the factors that influence today’s digital consumer enabling continuous improvement of engagement and delivery of real benefits.
Kyrio’s Online Services focuses on the creation and management of online marketplaces for home and business services. As an industry leader, our marketplace platforms are built with the professional service provider and end customer in mind, enabling both buyers and sellers to connect with each other. Looking for a way to improve your customer’s experience through the G2B platform? Reach out to Kyrio VP of Online Services Jen Shelby to discuss more.