Through our close involvement with the Open Connectivity Foundation (OCF) in spec and certification program development, Kyrio test engineers know how to prepare your device for real-world environments. In addition to being an authorized test lab (ATL) for the OCF, Kyrio is also a public key infrastructure (PKI) certificate provider for the OCF as well.
Kyrio provides the highest-quality testing services and resources for businesses, connecting people, places and devices. With over 20 years of experience in developing engineering solutions and testing methodologies, Kyrio has a deep understanding of unique ecosystems, experience, and infrastructure that ensures product quality, performance, certification, and interoperability.
Benefits of Working with Kyrio:
The benefit of using Kyrio for your testing and security needs on the path to OCF certification compliance are:
- Standards Development and Certification Testing. As a subsidiary of CableLabs, Kyrio leverages over 20 years of experience in one of the world’s largest connected-device ecosystems. Kyrio’s contribution to the OCF specification and certification program makes us your ideal partner to help certify your IoT device.
- Product Validation and Interoperability Expertise. With over 14,000 square feet of lab space and a 5,000-square-foot test house, Kyrio is ready to provide detailed analysis into the performance of your device in multiple environments.
- One Team for Your Needs. Using Kyrio as your ATL and PKI provider ensures you will work with one team for the entire process, ensuring simplicity in getting your device OCF certified.
- Expertise in secure networks. Kyrio has a strong track record in ensuring global security on our networks, with over 1500+ networked devices certified, resulting in 2.3 billion secured units shipped since 2001.
- Pre-Certification Testing. As a proactive option, Kyrio is equipped to conduct dry runs to identify and troubleshoot problems in advance of formal certification testing.
To submit a device to Kyrio for OCF compliance testing, complete the following steps:
- Become an OCF member and pay the applicable annual membership fee, and sign the OCF Certification Mark and Licensing Agreement.
- Applicant vendor submits the following information to the OCF Certification Body:
- Device and contact information
- Protocol Implementation Conformance Statement (PICS)
- Select Kyrio as preferred OCF ATL
- Upon approval of above information by OCF, the applicant vendor sends their candidate OCF device to Kyrio by following these steps:
- Upon arrival of the device to our facility, Kyrio executes the tests according to the OCF test plan and provides test logs to the OCF Certification Body.
- If the device passes, the vendor receives a certificate of conformity from the OCF Certification Body, which authorizes the vendor to use the certification mark on the certified device and in associated marketing material, according to the OCF Logo Usage Guidelines.
- If the device fails, then the OCF Certification Body notifies the vendor and ATL of the feature and reason. No certificate is issued, and the vendor may not market the device as OCF certified. In this case, Kyrio will work closely with the vendor to resolve issues and retest the device for certification.
Need help? Send questions or comments about OCF compliance testing with Kyrio to email@example.com.